Five Search Engine Optimization Tips to Try Now
Optimize your practice’s online presence with these quick tips.
You don’t need to be a marketing expert to increase your practice’s visibility online. Start with these easy search engine optimization (SEO) tips today!
- Test your practice’s mobile-friendliness. People are using their mobile devices to search online more than ever. It’s important to ensure your website loads quickly (within 3 seconds) on a mobile device and is easily-accessible. Use Google’s free Mobile-Friendly Test to see how your site scores by entering your website URL. Share the results with your website hosting company if there’s any room for improvement. Looking for a website refresh? Check out the latest website designs from eWebExtra from Eyefinity.
- Verify consistency. It’s important to have a consistent practice name, address, and phone number across all social media channels, review sites, and of course on your website. There’s nothing Google loves more than consistent information! If on Facebook, your business name is “EyeSpy Optometry” and on Yelp it’s “Carrie O’Brien OD”, change one to match the other. Hint: match the names with the signage at your physical location.
- Stay active on Google My Business. Take advantage of your free listing by continuously adding new practice photos, responding to reviews, and ensuring your practice information is correct. Visit Google My Business to login and update.
- Add business categories. On social media and review sites, ensure the business categories are populated correctly. For example, on Facebook and Yelp, you can add a few different categories to appear in those particular searches. Business categories include “Optometrist”, “Eyewear & Opticians”, “Sunglass Store”, and more.
- Get featured! Are there any local, online publications in your community? Share your eye care expertise, style advice, or news in your city’s online magazine or blog and ask them to link to your website or social media channel!