How to Create Engaging Video Content for Social Media
Check out these tips and free tools to create videos on social media.
Did you know that over 100 million hours of videos are watched on Facebook every day?1 You don’t need to hire a production crew, spend hours editing, or use your entire marketing budget on one video. There are simple ways to reach your patients in a quick, fun, and easy way.
Here are some tips for creating engaging video content:
- Be authentic. It is recommended that videos are short (no more than one minute), entertaining, and most importantly, genuine!
- Include a call to action, whether it’s included in the video or in the copy of your post. You not only want your audience to watch your video content, but you want to ensure they visit your practice and/or book their yearly appointment.
- Be consistent. Get in the habit of using video to tell your practice’s story and show your personality.
Two easy ways to get started with videos today.
- Boomerang: it’s not a photo and it’s not a GIF. Use Boomerang to capture a moment behind-the-scenes at the practice or feature a product. It uses a burst of five photos to create a back-and-forth video loop, very much like a GIF.
- Instagram Stories allow you to create an instant live stream, or you can upload an existing video from your smartphone. Either option will increase your visibility amongst your followers.
Videos are the perfect opportunity for you to highlight different brands and new products through your social media channels. Boomerang and Instagram Stories are just two quick, easy options for your practice to influence your patient’s purchase decision and remind them to visit your practice.
Interested in learning more about videos on social media? Check out these articles below:
6 Social Media Video Formats Marketers Need to Try by Hootsuite
1Constine, J. (2016, January 27). Facebook Hits 100M Hours of Video Watched A Day, 1B Users on Groups, 80M on Fb Lite. Tech Crunch