Social Media Spotlight on Facebook Live
Using Facebook Live to Connect with Patients Online
Have you noticed that your Facebook newsfeed has turned into a video reel? Well, there’s a reason for that. Facebook recently updated their algorithm to give priority to videos, particularly live videos. Not only is it a great way to stay informed, it’s a great opportunity for businesses to instantly tell their story, connect with followers, and increase engagement. It’s also surprisingly easy!
If you’re an administrator on your practice’s Facebook page, follow these steps to post your Facebook Live video.
- Open up the Facebook app on your smart phone
- Select the icon with three lines on the bottom right corner and select the business page
- Click on “Publish”
- Select “Live Video”
- Give a name to your live video, choose your audience, then you’ll see a three-second countdown before your broadcast begins
Sounds easy enough, right? Here are some Facebook Live post ideas to get you started.
- Q&A session with an eye doctor at your practice. You can start by asking your followers to submit questions on Facebook, then live stream the responses.
- Show off new products and give sales a boost. Record staff showing off their favorite new style(s) and what they like best about the look.
- Share exciting news. Do you have any new technology or renovation to show off? Is there a new addition to your optical family? Share the news with your followers.
- Show your event, trunk show, or staff event live. Try recording the prep for a trunk show and feature a promotion for your Facebook Live viewers. Who knows, maybe it will motivate them to attend and make a purchase.
Have a Facebook Live success story, or want to share feedback? We’d love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.